I wanted to write and tell you about my favorite discovery in books this past summer….his name is Christopher Moore, and the book that did it was “Fluke,” I encourage any and all with a sense of humor to check it out. It’s brilliant. It’s so brilliant, in fact, that I purchased all of his paperback novels after I finished reading it.
So I wanted to write a message extolling his creative genius, but I realized that to date, what with studying and packing and working that I have only read 2 of the 7 books…meanwhile Joe has been nibbling away on them and will soon be finished. Despite this fact, I have been eyeing his most recent book (still in hardback) with keen interest and noted that a version 2.0 would be arriving in store this holiday season (for those that are paying attention, the title is “The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror”). Confused by this version action I checked book sites and even the personal site of the author himself (www.chrismoore.com) I was unable to find an explanation. So…on a whim I thought I’d use the contact button and query the author himself. Not only did I receive a response, but it was thankful, helpful, kind, it actually answered my question directly and in less than 5 hours after I posted to his website. What a remarkable person :) How fucking cool is that?
6 comments:
Nice. I have been reading his books off and on for a while. I picked up Lamb on a recommendation from the people at Village books and was laughing the entire way through. I have since read Coyote Blue, Practical Demonkeeping, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove, and Bloodsucking Fiends. I don't think the books are high art at all but they are definitely fun reads.
John, I'll definitely send a list your way...erm..tomorrow or so.
Scott,
Lamb and Fluke are his two bestsellers, you should consult Joe on that front. I of course would say read Fluke.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/006056668X/qid=1128454499/sr=8-9/ref=pd_bbs_9/104-7676312-5027929?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Fluke is one of his books that I haven't read, but I am sure it is good. Lamb is excellent and will probably really endear you to the author. His other books are good, but might not draw you in to his writings as much.
I read Fluke this summer too and was really quite surprised by it. I don't quite have the nerd-crush you have though.
I hadn't noticed this one until today. Should call in sick more often. Everyone's jumping on the blog wagon.
I didn't realize until I checked Amazon that this is the same author that did Lamb. I'll have to check this out. In November. Or December when I'm done with certain DVD (major progress has been made)...
Post a Comment