Pages

Friday, September 22, 2006

...end of summer

Today might very well have been Joe's and my last "summer" day off together, as the ball has started rolling in his job court and mine has deflated (ha ha). We woke up this morning and spontaneously decided to drive up to see Mount St. Helens.


...and now I wanna climb it. Looking at the Southeastern side today, Joe and I started contemplating the potential ease...not so much climbing but more hiking (not easy hiking...but certainly not climbing...no gear necessary). Since the explosion 26 years ago removed about 2ooo feet from the mountain, it seems a like a good mountain for 'virgins.'
So now I'm looking into that for the end of next summer...after recovering from STP. The official climbing site seems to support our hypothesis, it looks like a one day, up the mountain, down again hike; about 4,500 feet in 5 miles. Sweet.

4 comments:

Andy said...

I'll respect your decision to go it alone, but I'd love to join and I think Michelle and Ella would be happy to go to.

Linds said...

The more the merrier :)

We were thinking around the beginning of May, 2007.

Once I do a little more research I'll put it out on the Bucket of events as well.

Linds said...

The permit system allows 12 to a party. stop your whining

Andy said...

Crampons & Ice Axe will be necessary in May. I'm still game, but that's because I have tele skis.