My sight-seeing has afforded me views of interesting landscaping (lots of people are digging up their grass….) and has also given me a route that is perhaps less used by others. I do join the mainstream by hopping on the east bank esplanade and having a bit of a bike stroll (if you will) along the river. So far, not a day has gone by that I haven’t seen the local police either arresting or harassing (I mean chatting) with the vagrant community that calls the esplanade home. That and some entertaining graffiti (highlights include the witty: “bros not hoes” and “call your deadbeat dad he still loves you”) make this portion of my commute feel seedy and scandalous…mwhahahaha. Not really, but it’s just a strong contrast coming off of Willamette Blvd.
The best thing about my morning commute is that Widmer usually has a boil going and it smells terrific.
1 comment:
Your commute smells like mine.
Post a Comment