Pages

Sunday, May 09, 2010

start spreadin' the news...

...and I went to NY. I finally had the opportunity to stop in instead of pass through and was graciously housed, fed and shepherded around the city by a good friend.

I had to go to DC for the Annual Association of Geographers Meeting and I thought a side trip to Brooklyn would not be amiss.I had the most amazing time.
Highlights include: MOMA, West Side Story, bagels, singing, the imagine circle, the public library and making fun of the NY beer selection.

Rockefeller, where they were ice skating in 70 degree weather:
In Central Park, at the Alice in Wonderland Statue...I would have taken a picture of the whole thing, but just then a class full of giggly teenagers came through to climb on it...

In the recording studio (shhh this is my "art shot"):
Rays shining on to the statue of Liberty, as seen from Brooklyn:
The Museum of Modern Art: Tim Burton exhibit! and much much more....

Mapping the internet:











Flight paths...much cooler in person:

No comments: