I'm heading out of San Cristobal today and into the Zapatista communities. I'm not sure what my access to internet will be like while I'm there. True, the Zapatistas have a strong internet presence, but that does not necessarily translate to me being able to access it.
So, signing off from San Cristobal...
I'll be hanging out in the milpa (read: intercropped corn, pole beans and squash), my first task, to help test for GMO corn, my next task will be to get the Zapatistas interested in my research, if the second task goes well, I will follow it with a visit to the Zapatista coffee cooperative and the cooperative that split off from them that are not aligned with the Zapatistas.
I must say, that after reading about this area of the world for so long, to actually be here, to actually be going into the autonomous communities, is quite thrilling...
No comments:
Post a Comment