Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Catch and the stone

We're hoping this is a struvite and not something worse.
After watching Catch struggle to go to the bathroom all over the house we spent a few hours at the emergency clinic last night where they excised this stone from his urethra. It may seem small, but think of the size of a cat and then think of the size of their genitals (well maybe skip that one). In any event, his x-ray was pretty clean, so it's medication, surveillance (read: getting excited when the cat pees! and is otherwise behaving normally), isolation and wet food.
I ran to the grocery store last night before it closed and grabbed an odd assortment of wet food, I imagine I looked rather odd in my rush, just grabbing things that said seafood...somehow getting the cat tins of beef seems completely ridiculous (as if buying tins of square mystery seafood parts is any better). I will now devote the weekend (not going to Bellingham) to figuring out how to figure out feeding the cats wet food for their future urinary health. There's quite a bit of literature out there on pet food.

The two boys are howling at each other through the door to the bedroom, scratching at tails and paws in the gap between the door and the floor, which made for a fun night.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Keep us posted!! Hope Catch is feeling much better now.