While I was in Mexico I had a thought about a really fabulous way to get rid of a lot of grass in our backyard, which didn't consist of a greenhouse so we could extend the season and possibly grow veggies here. Summer here is really quite fabulous and I love the idea of extending our evenings outside. So when I got back, we discussed it, walked the yard and plotted out a nice circular pattern.
 |
| see circular pattern with rope |
We also planted some trees and thought about pathways and other privacy/noise reduction strategies that we could initiate this summer and watch grow over the next year or two. You can see the new trees in the background of some of the photos below...
I haven't been home many days since I returned from the field, but we've made excellent use of the days I have been here--it helps that Joe went all pick-axe on the grass on some of the days I was gone. And so, in many steps, we created a fire pit.
.JPG) |
| The sod. |
 |
| Who needs to rent a compactor when you have a full keg? |
 |
| Trying to fit my whole shadow into the circle |
 |
| DONE. |
 |
| A very personal inaugural fire, from the dead wood of the bubala |
No comments:
Post a Comment