| The view from the hotel room |
This year it was necessary for me to be there to present work from the dissertation, but I find that being at these meetings is a roller coaster of ego boosts and bruises. What I mostly looked forward to was connecting with my colleagues who I hadn't seen since last year, and possibly drinking in some better weather (not quite literally, but I did enjoy a couple of cold ones at that little green gazebo thing which was conveniently between the convention center and the hotel). After snow and leaving in freezing weather, Portland (where I made my flight connection) seemed balmy and basically anything that followed became tropical.
We had a few perks from holding our meeting at the convention center, which included free trolley rides up and down the main stretch and discounted tickets to local spots. I took advantage of the reduced price of aquarium tickets. It was me and another colleague and about a million school groups, but it was lovely.
| As seen in the exhibit hall |
| Cruise |
| Trolley to the aquarium |
| The obligatory duck photo for a UO duck |
| Can you spot the flamingo? |
| Not exactly sure what this guy was doing in a aquarium... |
| I love these guys because they always look like they're smiling |
| Swimming with the sharks |
| Flamingos again |
| Quite possibly my favorite to watch. |
| Lego surroundings |
| In case you missed it in the last photo. |
| Dory amongst the clown fish |
| total fail. |
| How I feel after being at the conference |
No comments:
Post a Comment