On a daily basis I try not to allow my phone to think for me, and on this trip it's been even easier as we've gone in and out of cell service. On this, the last evening in a hotel, I have been thinking about travel, nature and technology. The difference between this trip and our last cross-country trip has been incredible--and I think, we owe it to mobile apps. Before extolling a few virtues though, I do want to point out that we purchased a brand new US Atlas and have been primarily relying on it for wayfinding...it's awesome.
That said, being able to access real-time traffic information, gas prices, area restaurants and find hotels en route has made a huge difference.
I am especially appreciative today as we sit in a climate-controlled suite away from the noise of the highway sipping a wine-barrel aged sour beer purchased from a brewpub a few miles back.
No comments:
Post a Comment