Pages

Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's a plague!



I swear people are running around this city as though we've been damned. It's only been raining for 36 hours and frankly I find it quite beautiful.


...despite my love of the rain, it did make our days off a little more challenging. We spent Thursday out of the city apple picking at a lovely orchard near one of our favorite wineries. So wet toes in the muddy grass and wet shoulders from shaking branches...defintely a worthwhile experience.


Overall we ended up with a couple pecks or bushels or something of apples (one for baking and one for eating) and enjoyed a lovely afternoon on the porch of Linden Vineyard with a bottle of 2002 Reserve Chardonnay, some derby cheese and a baguette. What a beuatiful rainy misty day :)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Mmmm...Apple pie. Do those mail well? Because you should totally send me one. Maybe I will just have to wait until the next time I see you guys. Then you can bake for me.

Linds said...

ha ha...yes that was the worst pie ever...even without lights or running water, for 6 days...