Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's days like these...

I sometimes miss the microwave. I want to reheat my coffee. That's all. Reheating food is easy enough in the toaster oven...but not so much on the coffee front.

Other dilemmas that make the coffee reheating seem frivolous this morning are the liters of toxic insect repellent that are now sitting on my bedroom floor. Jessica and I discussed how we felt that it was a necessary compromise, but it still irks me. I'm reading the spray bottle for treating clothes and bednets and it basically says to stay the fuck away from this kind of stuff...but here's how to lather it on to your daywear...he he he. Oh well.
One week to go...

2 comments:

geddyt said...

Why no microwave? Didn't make the move or something?

And what's with the liters of toxic insect repellant? Did you pick up a few hitchhikers on your way across country?

And what's up with Jessica? Is she down there visiting?

For someone who works in a bookstore, I'm giving you an F this time around for plot development...

Oh yeah, speaking of microwaves, I read about a cool new thing that's just around the corner: microwave water heaters. I guess they're super energy-efficient compared to gas or electric, and they heat the whole tank super rapidly, so it's like hot water on demand without every having to worry about running out.

Linds said...

We left the micro behind because we didn't feel that we needed it. Which is pretty much the case, I reallyonly used it to heat up soy milk for my coffee and to reheat it once it had been left for a few er...hours.

The repellent is for Thailand. Jess and I have been talking about munitions over the phone.