Flooded: taken 01/12/2006


Er...not flooded: taken 05/20/2006
Not the best before and after shots, because it's been so long since I took the first ones...but you get the main idea ( (1) flooded road (2) the flood waters were up to almost 6 feet high against the park ranger building-you can still see the dirt and grime line from where the flood waters stopped on the road the and the building).
The first time we came to the park, back in November (pre-flood), I fell in love with the huge trees, so while Joe hunkered down to study in the grass, I ran around with my camera trying to capture the trees…most of my shots were done with my film SLR (black & white film) and are still in the camera (5 more shots on the roll), but I also snapped a few with the digi…mostly just enjoying the pictorial quality of Joe’s relaxed manner and the relatively quiet (for a Saturday) day.



1 comment:
Stupid water. I am going to support more industry so that maybe we can have have hotter temps and start some needed evaporation.
Post a Comment