
I must admit that a strong selling point for moving sooner rather than later was to be able to comfortably partake in this event. It was worth it.
I originally balked at the idea of attending more than one or two days, however, spreading many excellent beers over three of the four days of the festival was helpful in many ways. More beers, better memory retention and zero hangovers. The weather was perfect, if even a little cold towards the end of the night.
Obviously this post has been in limbo for a few days...I wanted to find my list of beers.
So notable beers (er... for me) are as follows:
- IPA's -
- Pliny the Elder (really a double) from Russian River --when they ran out on Saturday Freed actually let out a cry of anguish so loud I thought the entire tent would turn to find its source.
- Hazell Dell IPA from (you guessed it) Hazel Dell
- West Coast IPA from Green Flash - I went back for this one twice (oh yeah)
- Pales -
- Double Dry Hopped Pale from Boundary Bay
- Powderfinger Rye from Big Time
I was going to go through a few more styles...but only a few stand out so those are:
- Other -
- Ned (Flanders style Red) from Rock Bottom - had the smell of a good red wine, the most unique beer I tasted all weekend
- Sirius Ale (Imperial Cream Ale) Laguanitas
...and of course there were many beers that I have had before that I had to restrain myself from trying in the first two days so I could experience new ones:
- Summer Solstice Cream Ale from Anderson Valley (hot moving day beer)
- Hop Rod Rye from Bear Republic
- Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast
- Proletariat Red from New Old Lompoc
- Pike IPA from Pike Brewing Co.
Alright alright, now I can recycle my list which is all messy and has stains on it from some precarious chili rice snacks...
4 comments:
Ah...the offical count is 24 tokens used over three days. So...probably about 20 different beers (because I had Boundary twice and Green Flash twice...and maybe something else, might have been the Sirius).
Don't make fun of me.
Sound like a good time. I'll make it one of these years (even though I don't like beer).
Meg
I pine for pliny.
Thanks for dinner last night. It was terrific - and the cobbler was dessert perfection.
mmmmm...marionberries
let's do that again
Post a Comment