Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Nubbin & Cow

Heh Heh...who names their pumpkins? Apparently we do and we think we're rather funny.

I love going out for pumpkins. I can only remember going a couple times as a kid...but I think that the fun is really when you're an adult acting like a kid...and being glad that you can actually carry the pumpkin you picked, rather than having to roll it back to the car. So, for me the novelty of picking out pumpkins from a patch is in a renaissance. I love it. This year we picked the oddest shaped ones we could find it seems. They've been sitting on our little garden window for the past week, unaware of their fate.

We carved them last night. A disappointing amount of pumpkin seeds, but fun with knives and fire and shutter speeds more than made up for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We took Howie to the pumpkin patch last Sunday...he has lots of fun getting dirty and trying to lift all the pumpkins in to the wheelbarrel. He finally learned that he can pick up the small ones and he picked about 10. We then carved us Daddy Jack (by Ben) and Baby Jack (drawn on by Howie). I'll post pictures soon.

Therese