Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

On the road again

I got back on my bike for a 20 mile jaunt on parts of the 40 mile trail on Monday, Joe had the day off so we had a quick lunch when I got home and then headed towards the Eastbank esplanade. It was my first time going down the Greeley hill and I was disappointed to have only achieved a top coasting speed of 27- it was in all other aspects exhilarating, especially with the knowledge that I wasn't riding back up it. We took the esplanade to the springwater corridor trail and while on this nice stretch I decided to try my hand at dragging and Joe sensing this tried to keep his speed and movement predictable...so now I understand what all the fuss is about. We crossed the river and coursed back on the other side using the bottom of the steel bridge (my first time) to cross back, then taking my favored route home, the flatter Williams St. It was a chillier sort of day and perfect for riding, the 20 miles was just about right and the only aches and pains a couple of days later are from my upper back and neck-which is not wholly unsurprising, but I would have expected my legs and knees to hurt instead. Later that evening, we kicked back with an unconventional black& tan (tribute to our last weekend in the 'ham) and had dinner outside.

In other news our faithful digi cam seems to have cracked up a bit-taking purple stripe photos with no evidence of the actual image underneath. We're taking it in to our friendly expert this week, but I'm really not prepared to part with it, it better just be faking it.

No comments: