Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Something old, something new...

Part I

I had my last day at the bookstore on Friday...I finished my shift and crept through the door without a backward glance. So no more bookstore banter. The previous Thursday I interviewed and was offered a position in a law firm training to be a paralegal. It will be a nice chance to use the gray matter for more than the alphabet song. Yeah! The joy of the new job is doubled by the fact that the possibility of having it was created by a good friend and that I will get to work along side her once I have a handle on what I'm doing (or slightly before as she likes to joke...er I hope).

Part II

Some three years after I first met Jessica and slightly a year since I was awoken by the phone ringing with Chris exuberantly explaining that he had just proposed, Chris and Jess were married last weekend in a beautiful ceremony up at Semiahmoo. It was an absolutely incredible experience to be at their side as they exchanged vows, half a lifetime of memories flooding my brain as my dearest friend expressed his overwhelming love to another of my friends. At the reception I gave a slightly muddled version of a speech I had long prepared...in any event here's to Toph and Jess and to friendships that last a lifetime.

Part III

Toph didn't "pretend" to forget my birthday this year, but he and Jess certainly outdid themselves, rolling my birthday and groomsman gift into one adorable, fluffy and heartwarming package. We've decided to call him Catch...like the little demon he is. His energy is unmatched (despite the calmness in the photo) and the pleasure of having a kitten in the house is shared with us by Quasi alone, although I imagine after a few years, Risa will come around. :)

2 comments:

Andy said...

I and II are cool, but another cat?

Unknown said...

I just finished Lamb that you gave me - yeah, good name for the little beast. Don't be fooled by his small size people... you've been warned!