
I had this wild and crazy idea about how to kill the grass over the winter. In my mind, it was a lot simpler. In any event, I collected all the newspapers I could over the last month of our stay in Portland and we spent this past weekend papering the lawn to smother the grass.

We had some compost delivered. Er, some meaning, 17 yards.

We got enough to cover the front and back lawn at about 3 inches deep.

It was amazing. Smelly, hot and a lot of work, but we managed it. Now it's time for some nitrogen fixing cover (I'm thinking alfalfa...but we'll see) and some winter veggies.
Front:

Back:
We saved a small plot in the back (near the porch, Joe is standing on it to take the picture) that was previously covered in bricks to plant some winter greens over...but everywhere else got newspaper treatment.
2 comments:
Your neighbors must love you
Coool.
Post a Comment