Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

In the first week, of the first month, of the new year...

2009 looks funny. Although, perhaps less so than its immediate predecessor, in my handwriting, that is; the number eight in my script is not a beautiful thing.

Tomorrow I return to campus for the beginning of winter quarter. I am anxious and excited. I spent a relatively lazy break reading on the couch that was punctuated by some travel and a great new year celebration.

Here's to a new quarter and to a new year...among other exciting new things that come to mind (but are not limited to...) a new administration, new books, new recipes, new thoughts and new hopes. The thrill of the passing of one year into the next is starting to fade as I age, but this year portends hope and dreams for me...just a bit...and I'm glad it's here.

No comments: