Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hello tommorrow, goodbye to yesterday!

I love school, I truly do. But I have never been happier for a quarter to end, ever. I officially finished this quarter at 3:25 pm today when I submitted my students final grades. (They're still emailing me of course)

I feel as if, with this benchmark, I can shut the door on the emotional upheaval of this past season. Forget the bad things...and focus on the good. So it goes.

To celebrate I planted some seeds and put them in the cold frame that Joe built out of a window I bought at the rebuilding center (for 1 dollar) and some scrap wood, replanted my lavender plants on the side yard, plotted out the front yard planting and went grocery shopping. I'm going to hit up the garden center tomorrow for some shade loving plants, herbs and ideas.

I have two whole days to myself before I have to be back in school mode. The week of spring break proper will find me at the Association of American Geographers Conference in Las Vegas.

The best thing I can say about it being in Vegas is that it's in the 80's there, so if I ever make it out of the hotel (I've tentatively planned to get some hiking in) I'll be able to see that bright round thing in the sky and feel warm.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats Pink!

Always good to close the door to a dark time - and winter itself.

Jess and I are building rain barrels for our house. Pretty easy, and will be nice to water the garden with fresh rain water.

Chris said...

...as follow up..

Rain Barrels are stupid. They make no sense and conserve nothing.

I will be giving the one I made away, or throwing it in the land-fill just to spite the earth.

Linds said...

Give it to me!