Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Holiday's with hams

I have decided I love Easter. It has nothing to do with religion, bunnies, candy or egg-hunts. It has to do with being fed (till more than full) ham and other gloriously pig derived foods by our good friends in Portland. We've been at the table now for two years running, I hope we have a standing invitation (er, no pressure). The even better news is that my body didn't even have time to process said food before I used it as energy tickling and chasing around a two-year old. Plus, I got my quarterly dose of sleeping baby relaxation therapy in. I keep telling Michelle that we have to figure out how to bottle and sell (a) baby smell and (b) that soothing feeling of a baby falling asleep in your arms...I'll make a killing on the graduate student stress market.


...otherwise we spent the weekend digging, planting, weeding and otherwise rummaging about in the yard-soon to be garden utopia (I hope) and also creating some accidental shenanigans in tree planting...more to come.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I've figured out how you can recreate the experience at home. You could just get a 10 lb ham and heat it in the oven then cradle it like a baby (cute, soft clothing optional). It won't smell like a baby, but it wouldn't smell bad. Plus, when you've had your baby fix, you've got several weeks worth of ham.

Chris said...

Or you could just have a baby.

Instead of being "cool Aunt Lindsay" you could be..

age 0 - 1: "mmmaaaa"
age 2-5: "mama"
age 5-9: "mommy"
age 9-11: "mom"
age 11-16: "I HATE YOU MOM!..YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!!!"
age 16-19: "Lindsay"
age 19+: "Mom, what were trees like?"

Linds said...

I'll write that down : )