I wanted to post this yesterday, but instead I crashed into the softness of a cozy bed.
To start everything went wrong. Not catastrophically, but frustratingly. I am trying to be intrepid, I am trying not to ultra-über plan everything, I am trying to be a researcher viewing the city and exploring. So, I had the opportunity to hitch a ride with a friend going to Berkeley--perfect, toss in some gas money, pack a backpack and stay with my uncle in the city. no big deal. a couple of emails, done.
We spent the weekend without a cell phone connection.
Other friends stepped in to the rescue-I rolled into the city last night on the wings of a one-way, rented Prius--those things are scary, fucking awesome, but scary--(500 miles to one tank, I put 3 gallons in to get the rest of the way), you would cry to know the deal I got.
1 comment:
I've taken my fair share of photos while driving. Usually the act of finding the camera and turning it on is the dangerous part. Oh well... Glad to see you made it!
Post a Comment