Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ducklings

You may have heard that the UO football team went undefeated this year...there's a big championship game and blah blah blah. Good for them, good for us. Perhaps now that the sports funding has paid off, academics can win some popularity contests.

It's not that I don't have school spirit, but all of a sudden EVERYONE does. The Ducks are hotter than ever before and everyone needs a piece of merchandise. I went to get a cup of coffee at the student store yesterday and I could barely get through the door there were so many people queuing up to buy BCS paraphernalia. School's not even in session!

9 comments:

Chris said...

You people maka my ass a twitch...

brewmonkeyjoe said...

Ya, it kinda makes me want to give a cigarette to a baby.

Unknown said...

I'll be wearing my duck shirt for the game that I bought while attending in 2002.

Linds said...

see, reduce, re-use, recycle ; )

Chris said...

Just think of all that money the UoO is making and how it can easily be funneled to PhD programs :)

Linds said...

you're kidding right?

Chris said...

Doesn't the U make a bunch of money from the team?

Linds said...

Yeah, it goes right back into sports though. Academic funding is separate.

Chris said...

That's lame.

Although you could always pretend its a zero sum game. Pretend that if they didn't have the money to put back into sports, they would suck it away from academics.