Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Of or relating to food:

My experience with food this time round is very different as I have a kitchen (and fridge!) and I can cook for myself rather than relying on prepared foods or dining out.
I am still in shock over the bounty of fresh food I can bring to my kitchen for less than $5. I prefer the outdoor market (no surprises there) and I try to spread out my purchases when I can.

However, I've encountered some interesting food-related advertising in my daily walks in the city and I thought I'd share a couple of the ones I was able to capture on camera.

This first pair of photos boggles my mind (the content, not the pictures); it appears that this company is trying to get farmers to put this gel in their soil to retain moisture (it seems similar to the stuff you can buy at craft stores in the US that holds candles...)


This one is for UJ - the man who wanted a bucket from Phuket...FUD

Wonder = super bread!

Home beer delivery service

3 comments:

Andy said...

That gel is being used here pretty extensively in potted plants and increasingly I think in commercial uses. It's not that different than the stuff inside diapers that absorb the moisture - but without the flame retardants. It's not entirely different than using pumice in your soil, but probably cheaper and easier to work with.

Linds said...

But what is it made of?

Westy said...

Home beer deliver? Your set!