Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Our house without us...

It has been over a year now since we occupied our home in the Valley. We were so rushed getting out of it that we never had a chance to put our yard into a more maintenance free mode. I've been by the house a few times when I've been in town, but after 6 months away and spring in full swing, I was met with quite a site. 


It's actually beautiful if you don't think about how many hours it will take to deconstruct it (also that the house is on the rental market). I went to the house with an hour to spare and some shears and a pair of gloves. I knew I would restrict myself to simply cataloging the 'jungle' when I walked into the backyard and I couldn't find the slash pile/compost bins (being too obscured by the blackberry bushes).

Hopefully we'll get an intrepid renter.



The hops strangled the cherry tree.



The compost bins have been swallowed.



The dogs strike again. I hate those guys.
NEVER, EVER plant poppies.

No comments: