I didn't mention that this house has stairs. This is, in fact, the first house we have lived in to have stairs. This may not seem like a particularly interesting detail, but when your sense of scale (around the house) changes things start to feel very far away. Seriously, leaving things upstairs is my new nemesis.
Also, Risa has seen stairs and dealt with them at my parents place, for Pocket and Catch this was a first. I desperately wish that I had video of Pocket's first attempt down the stairs--human toddlers are more daring. Not to mention that we started them at the top of the stairs (having closed them in a small room while we moved in) and it took both of the boys the entire day to work up the courage to head downstairs. For Catch, food did the trick, but Pocket resisted even being carried down the stairs. So you can imagine that watching him sit at the top of the stairs and consider them for some hours and then finally take the plunge, making sure to put each paw on each step before proceeding was quite the event.
No comments:
Post a Comment