Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts...diddly dee

...well not really, but if I did, they'd be as beautiful as these. My only complaint is that they haven't had enough time to really grow...definitely starting inside next year.






















...and finally I've reclaimed the back porch, isn't it splendid? It took four giant piles of sawdust and the assisted suicide of the kitchen broom, but we had our first proper BBQ'd meal on the back porch last evening. I'm not sure we really needed to heat up the back yard the extra degrees that we did through lighting the fire to cook the meal, but it was well worth the additional sweat. And...due to the abundance of yumminess at the Saturday market, my new favorite BBQ item is artichokes- we've done three now in our backyard fire pit (alongside the other veggies in out basket) and had them with an adobe chili and mayo dipping sauce I put together...scrumptious. Ah, summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Linds...the bench is beautiful! I had no idea!! You guys did such an amazing job...you guys should go into business!!!!! =)

Matthew said...

Artichoke is not a bbq item! there is no meat in artichoke!
The yard looks amazing, and the table came out really well. Wish I could make it down to see it all.