
Catch thinks he's a parrot-he climbs up onto your shoulder and sits there while you go about your morning routine. For me there's the added benefit of having my ponytail batted around. He's so light and funny perched up there-I just hope the other cats don't get any ideas, Quasi might actually bowl me over if he leaped from the counter top on to my shoulder.Or perhaps a penguin...the fridge is exciting and mysterious to all of the cats,
but Catch doesn't back away when the door shuts, he jumps right in. Seconds later you may reopen the door to find him nestled among the beers at the back of the fridge and you have to drag him out.
In other news the 40 hour work week is kicking my ass. The adjustment between it and my former life has not yet occurred. Time goes by with a rapidity I cannot fathom because I find myself pleasantly and continuously busy. But when I get home, I'm exhausted. Joe's been pretty good about not making fun of me when I want to fall asleep after dinner-especially considering his 10 hour day. I made it until 10pm last night :) I might be doubly exhausted next week because I'm going to try biking. Well half way that is. I was planning on using the school shuttle as I did during spring term, but they've cancelled that route for fall term-Andy says the official line is "because of the construction," but I think they're secretly thwarting my plans on purpose! In any event, I can still take the Max and then bike from the last stop up to work and then bike all the way home weather and gumption permitting. I was just hoping for a nice free ride and now I'll be paying for the Max, but I got a sweet discount for being a PSU student so my complaining ends thus.
Otherwise I'm reading a few books slouching around and enjoying the weekends.
Last weekend we finally officially finished the picnic table by adding the strips to the side and staining and sealing them. We also planted some fall/late season veggies-turnips, kale, mustard greens and chard. I'm anxious to try for garlic again, but our tomatoes and peppers are still going strong so I'll leave them until they give up. Meanwhile, fall is sneaking up on us...
3 comments:
Hope you are enjoying the new job, Linds, and not missing the bookstore too much :) Meg
Which camera did you take the two cat pictures with?
The Sony.
Post a Comment