Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A lament for Virginia Wineries

So once again with the prospect of a whole day at home without plans we scurried off to do something. This past Sunday it was checking out a few Lincoln wineries down near Salem. We did a small bit of looking about on the internet to see if any wineries boasted a tasting room with snacks. Most just boasted tremendous views, so we stopped at New Seasons and got some bread and cheese on our way south. I realize that after 3 wineries I can't generalize about the Willamette Valley Wine country...however, I can cry out a lament for my beloved Virginia wineries. I quite miss the excellent, detailed maps and signage, the multiple varietals and being able to order a hot baguette and some cheese at the tasting room and sit out with a bottle of wine. Or maybe I just need to find that place once...and frequent it.

No comments: