Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Brussel Sprouts

I love them. Who knew?

Joe and I both thought we hated them, but then we went to see Michael Pollan speak on his new book and were handed the latest edition of Edible Portland which had a full spread article on the 'foul,' tiny, green, things...so we thought...why not? Upon further inspiration from a friend at work, I purchased a small sample at the grocery store, tossed them with some olive oil and salt and then baked them for 1/2 hour. Yum.

On a side note, seeing Michael Pollan speak was both entertaining and thought provoking, I am enormously happy to have had the opportunity.

That's it that's all.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Which coworker? Michelle just discovered she loves them too, though the recipe we use includes bacon and white wine. Very German, only more laborious than rot kraut.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I love them, but I've liked those I've had. They're not on my pass list anymore.

Linds said...

Laurel :)

I suppose love is a strong word, especially since I have only cooked them the one way...

meh.

Andy said...

Figure you probably wouldn't see this on bucket since it's in the web video section (though you now have enough power to view them):

Michael Pollan at Ted Talks