I dubbed it (rather greedily) Dragon’s Blood, because it is red in color and because mead makes me think of the cartoon Flight of Dragons that came out in the early 1980’s and was a favorite of mine as a child. In one particularly memorable scene, the two main dragon characters drink their way through an entire cellar of mead (while traveling to the castle of the ‘bad wizard’ Omadon) and share a rousing chorus of Oh Susanna!
...and while not trying to question something this simple, the movie itself rests on the idea that the human world must choose between science and magic. So, is it wrong to call what is essentially a science experiment dragon’s blood?
3 comments:
doh... real names being used on the open web! security breech!!!
Editted per Joh...I mean Westy's comment
Cool, let me know it turns out. I've been wanting to try a mead but have been hesitant because of the long fermentation period, I have no patience when it comes to brewing.
As for calling a science experiment Dragon's Blood....Usually people go with their name (e.g. Heisenberg uncertainty principle) but I see nothing wrong with combining fiction with non-fiction. Dragon's Blood sounds way cooler than "Your Last Name Here" Blood.
Post a Comment