Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

nothing else can possibly go wrong...

Research Trip: day 2
Those words came out of my mouth after finally getting on the road yesterday.

I was wrong. Perhaps I am not cut out for adventure. I managed to lock myself between the gated door and the front door today and could not figure out how to get the door unlocked. I had keys, should be simple...suffice to say, after one desperate phone call, I emerged unscathed. But really.

Successes today:
-unlatching cat door with written instruction
-getting Prius to start
-not getting lost on the way to car return (without a map)
-returning car on time
-finding wifi
-befriending super-talkative crazy electrician
-taking 4 different buses to the places I actually wanted to go
-meeting with owner of farm
-unlocking front door on first try (upon returning after city adventure)

Failures:
-obviously, what I've related above-being caged
-trying to get directions from the car return place over the phone
-befriending super-talkative crazy electrician
-discovering that a mini-coup is taking place at the farm, since yesterday.

so, no site visits, no client meetings. I have the weekend to read and take in the city. Will recommence research on Monday if there is still a farm.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I read coup as coop several times and couldn't figure out how that was a failure. Is it a good coup or a bad coup? I suppose time will tell...