Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 and the seventh plague

Joe and I spent a mostly quiet new years eve with each other and the many people who obliged us with phone conversations over the evening. The cold of suspect origin that I am hosting allowed me to do my best impression of someone who has been smoking since birth...and I'm sure that talking all night has done nothing to improve it today. But it was worth it.

On the other side of the year, I am guessing that I should get more acquainted with local events. I haven't really been living here that long so I hadn't found a good local paper or really made any attachment to the city at all. Apparently...there's a great risk of our area flooding since it's been raining every day since we got back. Not quite raining fire, but, I have never lived in an area prone to flooding before, so it all seems quite dramatic to me. The extensive coverage of the rain and "flood alert" (the potential breakdown of the levees and byways that make up the flood control system) by the paper has been headlined "Tempting Fate" a phrase that makes me want to review our renters insurance agreement.

Er...Happy 2006.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

That was a fun phone conversation. It was a bit hard to make out some thing you said with your cold and LBs crappy phone, but I was tipsy through most of the conversation, so it didn't matter.