Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Forecast for tomorrow...


There is a beautiful park that sits on the bike trail that is about 2 blocks from our apartment. Towering trees shade the trail and the surrounding grassy areas and now that I have some time on my hands, I thought I'd take the SLR for a trip to capture these magnificent trees. However, we noticed that the past months flooding had creeped into the park...we biked the short distance anyway to see it up close...no joke, the park, was a pond.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Man, I have been wanting to take out my SLR lately, but it HASN'T STOPPED RAINING IN OVER A MONTH!!! Plus I never see the daylight anymore. I leave for work in the dark and get home in the dark. This sucks.

geddyt said...

Try working nights, Matt. I've got to get up really early for daylight.

So, Lindsay, you're saying that big pond there is usually a field or something!? That's pretty cool. It's been raining so much around here that the massive puddle on Lincoln just before you hit Fred Meyer occaisionally grows to epic proportions. It takes me back to high school when we used to take my crappy Escort down to City Beach where after a big rain there would always be this 30 ft. long puddle that would get almost halfway up the door deep at the middle. You build up a good head of steam and bomb through it. The splash would go up higher than the roof and twice it shut the car down and I had to wait for it to dry out to restart it.

I worry a lot more now bombing through the big Fred Meyer puddle in my current car, but I still can't resist it.

Linds said...

Yeah the flooding in that spot has to be at least 3 feet or higher because the little ranger office where they give out maps and take parking fees is under the water past the doorknob to the entry door. Sucks to be the intern that will have to clean that fucker out.