Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Moving and Improving - Part 15 - Drywall and some locals

The night after our exciting foray into do it yourself electrical we decided to seek out some diy guidance from...you tube. I would never have thought to look there, but Chris recommended it. So after a long hot day, we settled down with a couple of beers and watched a few very helpful streaming drywall videos. Thrilling, I know.

The following morning I sought to make best use of our drywall and sat down with my coffee to make plans on how to make cuts that would enable us to use it most efficiently. While I sipped my coffee in the sun, I was treated to the sight of a mother squirrel moving her babies from somewhere beyond our gate/fence into the front stand of bushes in the neighbors yard. We sat planning and trying to make our presence as small as possible and she moved 4 babies while we plotted our soon to be walls.

Then we cut and hung the walls. Which is to say, we spent the rest of the day making proper walls for the mudroom. Just before midnight we completed the taping and threw up the first layer of mud.

In cutting out the holes for the outlets, a bee became interested and died in pursuit.

Our first hanging of drywall:


Enclosed!
Yellow adhesive drywall tape. Priceless.

No comments: