Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moving and Improving - Part 8 - I glued myself to...er...myself

After a tremendous amount of effort on the bathroom floor, we felt it was time to lay tile. This required the removal of the bathroom toilet and the first in the series of extra work we didn't know would be provided for us by the previous owners of the home.

Prior to tiling I dug out some paint from the supply left in the garage and gave the toilet area an update.

Having the toilet taken out while we tiled was a small challenge in a one bathroom home. It limited our desire to remain hydrated (foolish), but, however, gave me an opportunity to discuss Thai squat toilets with my Mom.

I have never laid tile before. My Mom and I got a little over enthusiastic with the adhesive and used more than the fair share for this particular amount of real estate. We also completely missed the point of the trowel and did not realize this until it was too late.My Mom started and ended on the adhesive and I did all the in-between. She ambitiously took on the acquisition of a new skill and cut the all the bathroom tiles for the floor that Jim did not. We were fortunate to be able to borrow a tile cutter from Andy and Michelle- and more than once Jim commented on its 'life saving' capacity.

I also, after a few days of gloves, dust, grime and all things bathroom, just dug right in. I think I'm still picking adhesive out from under my nail beds.

Almost complete:

No comments: