Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Moving and Improving - Part 2 - Everything I needed to know...

Before I dig into the nitty gritty of the projects that have consumed the last 10 days it is important to note that I have an extremely wild imagination. In walking around our house during the inspection Joe and I noted where some changes could be made to make the house suit us better.

For instance, our house has a ginormous garage and no pantry space. We are a food making people, not so much of the monster truck driving sort. So why not move the washer and dryer out of the closet which abuts the kitchen (thus creating a pantry) and into the garage. And hey, while we're at it, lets build a room around them and make a space for the cats and for bike gear and coming into the house out of the weather (a la mudroom...I am excessively fond of a mudroom).

Plumbing? Electrical? The? What?

These things did not concern me. I know enough to know that I don't know how any of these things would come to pass.

Enter parental units. They have done it all before.

I have seriously deluded myself if I think I am independent of my parents, I relied on their experience and knowledge to make my imagination come to life on this project and without the gracious giving of their vacation time, their careful instruction and four hands we would probably still be looking for the right book, web page, or internet video to guide us on our way. (Meaning there would be more boxes unpacked in the house and a lot less mudroom in the garage).oh yeah and another thing they taught us. two words. Knee Pads.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

old guys DO rule. I think that's the first time i've seen him "home improving" without a WSU t-shirt/sweatshirt/jacket on :)